READ IT OR LEAVE IT?: HOW TO BE AN OVERNIGHT SUCCESS BY MARIA HATZISTEFANIS
Who doesn't love a great "how I made it" story?
I do, especially if it's someone in the fashion and beauty industry. Whether it's how they built their own company from the ground up or got their dream job at a major magazine or design house, their glow up story is always interesting to me.
Maria Hatzistefanis is the founder and CEO of both Rodial and Nip+Fab. In her book " How to Be An Overnight Success, Maria shares how hard work, a lot of patience and dreaming big has helped to build up her beauty business.
As she says in the book, "one thing's for sure: success does not come overnight", and this couldn't be a more perfect lesson for me at the moment!
So, should you read it? I say Yes...
- If you like reading "how i made it" glow up stories of successful people
- If you want to start your own company and need advice how to get started
- If you want tips on how to grow your existing business and personal brand
- If you want helpful tips on how to be successful while staying true to yourself and your vision
What's really in it for you...you ask?
- Lessons learned from starting a business and taking risks
- Tips on how to overcome obstacles and setbacks in the company or life in general
- Advice on creating a solid personal brand and the importance of cultivating organic business-related relationships
My thoughts after reading it...
I have so may quote-worthy statements, tips and tricks scribbled in my notebook they could be a separate post in themselves. This doesn't even include the actual break down of the overnight success secrets that she lists at the end of each chapter. There's just so much to take away from the book that it's definitely worth the read!
Want a sneak peek? Check out Maria's "Top Five Tips to Success":
1. Find your motivation.
2. Don't be afraid to ask for advice.
3. It's very important to believe in yourself.
4. Always keep learning.
5. Always look your best.